Kyno is now owned by Signiant, Inc. Signiant’s EULA for Kyno will apply to new licenses as well as to Kyno support services and updates that we may provide. In addition, Signiant’s global privacy policy will apply in each case where Signiant’s EULA for Kyno applies, as well as to any communications with us about Kyno. Read the full announcement.
Start a new topic

BRAW not supported?

Hi there,

Latest version, 1.8.4 Premium, just installed, new customer. I can't playback BRAW files, says Playback not supported. ???

I raised a support ticket last Thursday, but no response yet.

Anything silly I might be missing? Tried it on both my Macs but still says "Playback not supported" next to each BRAW thumbnail...

2 people have this problem

Still nothing, just broken promises…

2 people like this

I'm not sure when my renewal comes up. But I'm currently not planning on paying. Based on the responses I see here. I got lucky. I found this thread after I found out i was getting a bunch of BRAW footage, but before I discovered that it will convert. I don't know the exact status of the camera it was shot on, but the format is compatible.

In trying to do a back conversion for 10 files (and I have easily another 40) I discovered just how inadequate the batch/job management tool is. Using a brand new M1 Mac Mini. Maximum ram, 16GB. Kyno froze up with the first 2 jobs running at one time. Out of RAM. With nothing else running. All I could do is force quit and loose the whole batch.

There is no way to save a batch (at least I can save the convert settings!) So I had to rebuild the batch again.

Seems to run ok with job limit set to 1. But while I was away letting the job run, something glitched on the USB bus, and about 6 jobs were aborted because the drives disappeared. So I had to rebuild the batch with the remaining missing jobs.

How hard is it to have an option to repeat a job when it fails? Might as well use DaVinci for my conversions.

Login or Signup to post a comment